ASC Fluorescence and Brightfield Imaging
First step of the system check. The purpose is to test the general performance of the system: Do the basic functions work fine? Does the acquisition software behave as it should? Can one set up Koehler illumination? Are the transmitted and the reflected beam-paths ok? Although this test does not represent high-resolution work, it might reveal general problems with the system.
- basic sample with fluorescence and contrast in transmitted light (i.e. Zeiss/Leica Convallaria demo sample)
- set up the beam-path for fluorescence and transmitted light
- use basic air objective (i.e. 10x/0.4)
- acquire two images in basic resolution (i.e. 512x512)
- Does the illumination look reasonably homogeneous over the whole field of view in both images?
- Is the transmitted light image free of dirt particles?
- Are both images free of artifacts?